Tuesday 31 May 2011

ZONEVILLE PART II:The rage


ELIZABETH
Mother's love




I was in my room by now.
Jeremy was into the secret room in mum's office when I got home. I went to check on him and he was reading and checking out every file, every relic and every portray he saw.
I didn't even want to have dinner; I went right upstairs after checking on him.
I lie on my bed facing the ceiling, letting my thoughts wonder around. I couldn't get Sarah -now dust in the air- out of mi mind. The way she looked at me...she wanted me dead and all those vampires out there were waiting for their chance too.
Talking to Leonard, knowing a bit more about him made my heart thumb anxiously and I had to admit that that was the part of him I liked -strangely- he always talked. He did it as if there was no difference between us; he just talked freely telling me everything. He never edited -I think- he was not afraid of what I could think. Christopher in the other hand never said the whole story; he never spoke so freely he never was...
I stopped there as I realized I was starting to compare. I shouldn't be comparing, in fact I shouldn't even be allowing Leonard to get that close and I shouldn't allow any of them to get that close. What was I thinking!! He almost kissed me again! And I was about to let him do it! Idiot!!! But he was out there and I couldn't help but wonder what was happening out there.
He didn't seem distressed or afraid as he told me to walk into the house but still there was something out there that he didn't want me to be close to.
I let my mind wonder again, trying to brush the stupid worry away, I shouldn't even care...but I did.
Knowing that Mr. Kent was a vampire too, was shocking; it made no sense to me. Is true that Christopher and him, seemed more attune than anybody else in school but he looked so…human, I could have never guessed. Make up he said? I couldn't help but start laughing and it also made me wonder if there were more vampires in this town that I wasn't aware of. 
I decided that they were too many things to think about at the moment and I needed a rest from all that so I took mum's diary and started reading again. This time paying more attention to the entries and avoiding reading embarrassing things.
I continued a bit farther from where I left it last time. Everything was the same for almost a year and a half. Her diary was monopolized to their wonderful relationship, which I was really happy about.
Then I stopped in a halt at the page where she commented about their first couple argument. She complained about daddy not trusting her enough to start making assumptions. Daddy was angry at her as he named all the guys that claimed to have had something with her while in the relationship. Her writing was disorganized by these paragraphs, it looked like she wasn't paying much attention to what she was writing and some things didn't make sense at all. She was furious. Annoyed at the fact that dad doubted her. And then I found it. The start point of all her problems, problems I wanted to know about to understand her. Meredith was engaged by now to a Californian business man when she received the call.

Johan
  • Meredith says that we have to leave today. I haven't even had a chance to say goodbye to Johan. I don't wanna leave him and Meredith is not telling us what's going on!! She even had an argument with Trevor -her husband to be- but she wasn't going to back up on her decision. I had Jeremy with me while we packed our stuff, tears in our eyes so we heard them. She finally said "my dad is in the hospital at the moment, we need to go" I gasped at that thought. "You don't need to pack all your stuff!! You are coming back" he said but she didn't reply. The house was in silence for a while I even told Jeremy to stop moving, I wanted to listen “cause you ARE coming back, right?" Trevor insisted and after a while "I can't" she had said and I had to close the door, I couldn't listen anymore. Dad is in the hospital, we need to leave now and we are NOT coming back that just meant one thing, he's been attacked. I have to go now I'll write on the plane.

Woow I felt a rush at the moment, so that's why she left without a word. Me and my stupid prejudices.


  • Meredith is worried; I can see it in her face even if she tries to hide it. Dad must be really hurt but I feel fine. I guess it hasn't gotten to me yet. The pain.I'm sure once we hit Zoneville I'll start breaking down. Jeremy is sleeping beside me, he's been crying since we heard Meredith talking to Trevor. Poor Jeremy, hope dad is ok, I don't think I could handle loosing him too. We wouldn't be able to handle it. I wonder how Johan is, I tried to call him but my battery died. I'll call him again after I see dad.


  • Dad is been badly hurt. He's in a coma now, I can't stop crying. The doctor says they are just waiting to disconnect. DISCONNECT!!! They are going to disconnect my DAD!!! Are they mad? Why? Why he must die too? Why did mother have to die? Why is all my family dying!!!? There's something terribly wrong with this town.Meredith left with the council like 2h ago. I'm at the waiting area of the hospital with Jeremy. He's cried himself to sleep; it really hurts me seeing that he has to go through all this again, I wish I'd  


You wish what?! I started yelling to the diary… Keep reading Gabrielle keep reading I thought.


  • Couldn’t today get any better? I just came from dad's funeral. Sorry I haven't been writing these past few days but I wasn't in the mood, I'm sure you understand. Well yeah dad's gone too and I feel like another crack is opening in my heart. I can't stand it!! But the worse thing is that I think I'm pregnant, what am I gonna do?! Like I said, any better?


Oh god I've been waiting to get to this part but now I wasn’t sure if I wanted to know. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes trying to hold in the tears. Ok, I said breathing through my mouth. Grandpa died and she found out she was pregnant, I sighed. Keep reading Gabrielle keep reading.



  • I still have to take a test but I'm sure I am, I've missed 6 days already and my period is too regular for that. As soon as I take the test I'll call Johan. He must be really worried I haven't had the chance to call him yet. Everybody is downstairs and Meredith, I feel really annoyed with her at the moment. She's been acting really weird saying the council this, the council that. She's always with them. Sometimes she doesn't sleep at home she spends practically the whole day out!! Dad just died and there's something out there how can she leave us alone!!! Jeremy is still a child and I'm carrying one!!! I haven't told her that though, not yet. I'm scared. Trevor came for the funeral and I think he's staying with us. They have argued a lot. Trevor works in California but Meredith wants to stay here, why? Why would she want to stay? We should all leave.
I have to admit that Trevor it's been an angel with us, I don't get how he can handle that tornado like sister I have. I'm glad he's staying. The council is now downstairs and there's one that's been really nice to us, he's name is Byron, I think.


I gasped, NICE? Byron? So he can actually get into our house, he's been invited before. He's been able to get in all along.
Unbelievable!


Meredith has prohibited us to invite estrangers in the house as if there would any in this town where everybody knew each other, absurd. Oh my gosh if I'm really pregnant I'll be in everybody's mouth. I didn't forget how much they like to gossip in here. Have to go now.


  • I'm pregnant! Definitely pregnant. I couldn't hide it any longer after Trevor saw me puking, sleeping and tired all the time. He's the one that made me take the test; he actually bought it for me when I refused to go to the hospital for a check up.How was I gonna get a check up at the hospital, next day they would all be talking about it. I already imagined them talking. She's only 18 they would say, not even married they would say she doesn't even have a boyfriend. They would blame Meredith for it as she was the one taking care of me. I can't stand this place.




  • Meredith is gonna marry Trevor, they will stay here. I wish he could talk a bit of sense into her and convince her that we should leave this place, but I guess he loves her so much that he'll deal with whatever comes as long as he can keep her. That's nice, I wish I could be happy but I wasn't, not really. I was glad about them getting married, that's fine but I don't wanna stay here. This place freaks me out, it always has. I felt so relieved when dad sent us out that I never expected to get back here. But here I am. No dad, no Johan and pregnant. Great. Which reminds me I haven't called him yet. There's always something happening. Yesterday was St. Martyr's day, that stupid tradition. Somebody else's been attacked. I don't understand this place. What makes us stay here? Meredith says she's got a commitment with this town. I don't get it. Ugh!!!



  • Meredith has made me an offer that let me open mouthed. She said that she would make my baby pass as hers so we could live without gossip around. She's getting married soon so there wouldn't be a problem if a baby came around. Like I said open mouthed. I ain't got anything else to say.



  • I have stopped going out by now, my stomach is a bit big if you know what I mean. Not really big I'm just 2, 3 months pregnant but people in this town have eyes like magnifiers, they would notice and I'm also a little over weight now, just imagine I can't seem to stop devouring everything I find and I can't seem to stop writing about Meredith lately either can I? But this time is something amazing; I never thought we kept all these things in the house.Jeremy was at school so she decided to show it to me as Trevor went to California too. We were alone and she called me to her office. When I was in, she told me to put my hand in a golden box -she said it was a lock- and when I did, it pricked my finger!! She said something weird about our blood being the only thing able to open the door!! I didn't even know there was a door there!!! How many times have I been in that office checking on mum or dad...but the most incredible thing is what I found behind the door. There's a secret room, a huge room filled with antic stuff. I was shocked that we had such a big space left in the house. There were grams portrayed and the uncles and cousins that already passed away.Meredith said we had to put dad's in, but I wasn't looking much at those portrays I was more interested in a portray of a face I have never seen before. Meredith said her name was Gabriella, and she was our ancestor. She had around her neck the medallion mum gave me, amazing isn't it? It was hers!! I felt warmth towards her instantly; I even have butterflies now thinking about her beautiful face. Does that mean my little baby is a girl? Woow!! A little me can you imagine that? I'm getting emotional again, crap hold on I'll be back with tissues hahahhah.



  • I forgot to keep writing yesterday as I ended up in an argument with Meredith. She offered me again to raise my baby as hers. I don't want that, I don't wanna be my baby's older sister that's horrible. How could she even think about that? I'm getting furious now. I better write tomorrow.



  • So it's been a week since I wrote sorry, things are not looking good around here. They found one of the missing bodies from St. Martyr's day scattered –literally- in the woods and people are anxious about it. I'm anxious about it, I even feel like puking now. You know, this is the first time that I actually feel concerned about this little baby growing inside me. Zoneville is certainly not a good place for my baby to grow up; I don't want her or him in this place. Not if I can avoid it. I'll call Johan I'll tell him I'm pregnant, he'll help me. He'll take care of us I know he would. I have to let my baby grow without blood staining her future.Gabriella is a really nice name for a girl but it sounds old to me…what about Gabrielle? What do you think? Nice isn't it? If I have a baby girl I’ll name her after our ancestor Gabriella, I'm sure Johan will like it and if it’s a boy…should I call him like dad? I feel really tired now. I’ll write as soon as I can.


·         I’m going crazy, I can’t believe what Meredith just told me, is it possible? No, I don’t believe her. I don’t. It can’t happen those things don’t exist. I won’t believe I won’t.


What is she talking about? What won’t she believe? Her next entry was 3 weeks after and I was intrigued to know…



·                           Vampires!!! That’s what she said they were? It’s been 3 weeks since she had that chat with me, she even showed me proofs of their existence but is still hard for me to believe. Vampires!!! They killed my family, why? What have we done to them so bad that they have this vendetta against us? Meredith said that a vampire killed Gabriella and that’s how it all started. The meaning of St. Martyr’s day is Gabriella’s death and beginning of the vampire annihilation. But they did wrong! They were the ones that killed her why look for revenge when they had what they deserved. I’m starting to panic again. And the council, she says they know the truth. She told me that mum was in, in it too. She knew the truth. The council is just a façade to cover the reality. They are a secret order that protects town from vampires, one member of each family is part of it and when they die someone else takes their place. Some other member of the family that’s how everybody’s been dying, one after another passing down the commitment from elder to son or daughter. She decided to tell cause she's worried. She wanted me  to know in case something happened to her so I could be prepared to protect Jeremy. Why don’t we just leave!!! We’ve lost enough already. I feel the pressure. If something happens to her I’ll have to join and if something happens to me, when Jeremy is old enough, will he have to join too and then Oh my god my baby!!!


·               I’m on the plane now

Hold up, what plane??? Keep reading Gabrielle; keep reading I thought trying to call my breathing


      It took me a few days to convince her but I managed to do it.   She thinks I'm going to abort my baby; I had to lie a lot for her to believe that I was going to do that. Obviously at my state is impossible to abort, it’s already too late. But I manage to leave for a few months that are what I wanted. I had told her that I wanted to take a few days away after aborting so I could do therapy and all that psychology stuff. She couldn’t argue with that. She knew how it felt to loose a baby, she had lost one, not in purpose. In California, they really happy about it but she lost it. I understand her grieve and I know why she wanted to take care of my baby but I couldn’t allow it, I wouldn’t. It’s already hard for me to do what I’m doing but I have to protect my baby. I’m tearing up at the moment. Tears for the baby I’ll never see grow up but this is the best. I’ll enjoy the months of pregnancy that I have ahead and then I’ll give her or him to Johan. I can’t wait to know what my baby is, a girl or a boy?  
I don’t know if mum or dad would approve on what I'm doing but my baby won’t do this vampire hunting thing. I won’t allow it. If I have to do it, I’ll do it when time comes –I hope it never does- but my baby won’t. That’s why I'm making this sacrifice now. I was already resigned to let people talk and speculate about my pregnancy. I didn’t care anymore but then this happened. I really feel like breaking something and I would probably if it wasn’t because I hate planes. And now neither Jeremy nor Meredith was with me to distract me. I never realised how awful it was, the movement and the height. I better close my eyes before I faint.




·                           It’s definitely Gabrielle. My baby girl is growing big and healthy inside me. I can’t even hold the tears as I see the picture I got from the ultrasound. She's so beautiful already I cant wait to see her


When I passed the page I saw the little ultrasound picture and I couldn’t hold the tears back anymore. She was protecting me, she said so “whatever I’ve ever done and I'm doing now is to protect you”
I actually deserve everything that’s happening to me, how could I not see?!!! She was in pain in terrible pain and I did nothing but hate her. I should be burned at the stake; I don’t deserve to live anymore than any of those red eye vampires does. I could feel the crack in my heart open more, with a stinging pain that didn’t allow me to breathe. How cruel have I been towards her! How damned fool! I didn’t want to read anymore, at least not now. I already knew what followed. She let me at dad’s door step enrolled in a white blanket with my medallion around my wrist and a note. –I never wanted to know what she said in that note but now I'm dying to know- when I recollect enough courage, I’ll search for it. I have it with me; it’s been with me all along. Dad gave it to me on my birthday before his heart stopped beating. You see when I say that all this is weird? How did he know something would happen to him? Why would he give that note and plead for me to take it at that instant? “You don’t need to read it until you are ready, but take it with you please darling” he had said ten minutes before collapsing on the floor.
Everything around me was rotten, I was rotten.



TO BE CONTINUED……. 

No comments:

Post a Comment