Monday 20 June 2011

ZONEVILLE PART II:The rage

AN UNEXPECTED VISITOR




I've been alone the whole morning going around in my head about all the information I got from mum's diary last night.
I cried myself to sleep.
Unbelievable.
This place has changed me a lot, I've been turned into a cry baby. I mean yeah is normal that I would feel as I felt last night after reading all that but if I was still me, I wouldn't have cried.
I would've held it in till I felt the need to hold my breath so I could feel that stinging pain in my lungs again. Now I just cry, cry unstoppobly.
I didn't like that, it made me feel weak, vulnerable. I was never like that. I don't like this side of me.
Jeremy left before I woke up which I didn't like but we already agreed of texting each other every now and then just to let each other know we were ok, wherever we where.
And he did.
After a quick breakfast I went to the secret room. He made a mess last night opening boxes and puIling things out to examin them. Do I have to fix all this now? 
I got in and started cleaning up. He sure didn't care about the mess he was making, papers all over the place, what was he looking for? After a while I decided that I couldn't take it anymore so I sat on the floor, in the middle of the room.
It turns out I was automaticly facing myself. My portray. Mom thought she was beautiful when she saw her, I wonder what she thought when she saw me coming through the door that first day I stepped into this house.
I remember Jeremy's shocked face and unconfortable stare when he picked me up from the airport.
Thinking about it now makes me smile. It seems so far away, that memory feels like in another time, in another era.
So long ago...
Mum called me Gabrielle because of Gabriella, and she gave me my own medallion back.
Ha! Was all this planned? Some stupid joke from de angel of destiny or something? Is somebody pulling strings? How is it possible that I come back, with the same name, the same medallion and the same vampires.
This was making me angry. Is history repeating itself?
There's something I've tried not to think about since the last time we went to Penelope's house.
The portray inside my medallion.
I've been carrying that my whole freaking live and I still do it but I don't know why. I don't know why I carried it before either, when I was still Gabriella.
In my dreams and visions -at Jenny's grams- I always had it with me. I even remember the night I died, when I looked myself in the mirror, I saw me smile while holding it in my hands and then when I followed him, Christopher -just a few hours before my engagment announcment- to where he was feeding, I saw clearly that I knew what he was and I didn't care.
But then with Leonard in the car and in the meadow.... I needed to stop thinking at that point, I was getting angrier by the second.
Why was I so dificult to understand. I always said that nobody could understand me and I thought it was them the ones that weren't trying, but no, it's me.
The problem is me.
The phone rang breaking my trail of thoughts so I run towards the office. It was Jenny and then Brook.
We all chatted on the phone for a while.  Jenny was complaining about Renzo all the time, -saying things like "wasn't anybody more easygoing available to look after me?"- I ignored that, and Brook- that by the way seemed distracted- seemed to have some sercret, something that I wasn't aware of. Whenever Jenny mentioned Renzo, Brook hissed at her and when I was about to ask her about who was protecting her I heard a knock on the door.
 "What's that?" Jenny asked "somebody is knocking on the door"
"don't open it" said Brook alarmed and then I think I heard her talking to someone else "are you ok Brook?" I asked and she repeated "Don't open the door".
"Have you girls seen anything else happening?" I asked and they both said no, so slowly I walked towards the door and opened it.
"Aaah Gabrielle finally" said Miranda before throwing her arms at me and locking me into a hug. What was she doing here?
"What are you doing here?" I said astonished. She leaned back to look at my confused face and said "first, you greet me and then you ask" I could hear Jenny and Brook from the phone yelling, asking what was wrong "I'm fine I'll call you later" I hanged up. I finally manage to compose my face and pulled Miranda in the house so I could close the door but not before I checked that nothing or nobody was out there. We went to the living room and I asked her to tell me how she was, I wanted to know what she was doing here but she asked me for a glass of water first, she said she was almost lost.
I shuddered at the thought of her alone in town.
So I went to the kitchen and got the glass. when I was about to fill it with water somebody knocked at the door again and she went to take it, I didn't think it was gonna be nothing I actually joked asking her if Zoe was coming too and then I heard my name, somebody was asking for me, I froze. Nobody ever came here looking for me and a million thoughts came to mind but mostly one in special.
Vampire.
I left the glass fall on the floor as I darted out the kitchen but he was already in, my heart almost stopped but it restarted as I saw Christopher standing at the entrance beside Miranda, it was still a vampire but at least it was one I could bear to be with in the same room without attacking us. "Can I have a word with you?" He said and walked towards me without hesitation. "I'll be in the living room" Miranda said after glaring at us and I walked towards the kitchen. He was already wolking towards me, what was oi suppose to do? If I tell him to get out Miranda would later ask me about it and I couldn't tell her anything.
I started picking up the broken glass that was scattered on the floor and soon after I started a pricked my finger. GREAT! Just a drop of blood came out but wouldn't that be enough? I stared at that drop fearing the fact that I had a vampire beside me and my memories went back to Leonard in the car the way he reacted to my cut. Would Christopher do the same? Would he resist? He took my hand -fulfilling like this my fear- but instead of what I thought he would do, he quickly opened the tap so fast -that at first I didn't know what he was doing- and put my finger under it, drying it later cautiously with a napkin. I shuddered at his touch and then he put his cold finger on top of mine, covering my cut, it felt as if I had a soft ice cube on it.
I stared at our fingers unmoved one underneath the other and I quickly shoved mine away and got back to picking the scattered glasses. He tried to help but I didn't allow him to. He stayed in silence -looking at me- after I finished and shoved them into the rubbish.
I didn't wanna turn to look at him and I'm that's what he was waiting for to start talking. I then caught his reflection on the mirrored cup board and he was in deep thought still looking at me, I was growing impatient, what did he wanna tell me? And then he broke the silence  "Do you love him?" I knew exactly what he meant and I could feel an edge of pain in his voice but I wanted to push him away so I tried more or less being rude.
"I don't see how that's your business" I said without turning, I could still see his reaction though, through the cup board.
He winced "It is my business cause I love you" he said making ME wince this time, I tried to keep calm " you do? Ha!" I said a bit more tempered that I intended to, I wasn't sure of why but I tried I really tried to push him away " Let me through!" I finally said turning to face him. I didn't want to stay alone with him anymore but he wouldn't move instead his face started growing darker by the second, I could see it clearly as his eyes were now locked into mine " What is it you like about him that always makes you leave me behind!" He said, he's eyes still on me but as if they were bringing back a painful memory. I didn't like his tone, he was now putting it on me I couldn't believe it. He continued "it happened before and is happening now I demand an answer of you, why do you keep going to him!" He said and a sudden rage roared through me "YOU gave up on me!" I suddenly said infuriated, "yes I did love him but I loved you more and you never did anything to take me away from him. YOU just accepted it" I stopped talking in shock for what I just said why did I say that? I didn't wanna say that, I don't even know what I'm talking about!!! He stared at me for a long few seconds that felt like minutes after he said "Grabiella" in a whisper his eyes now cautious but warm "is that true?" He kept saying but I didn't know why I said what I said and I was not Gabriella now " No" I said answering his question "I'm not Gabriella and you should leave now, please" I was shaking by now but he wouldn't move. He's eyes were still locked into mine, I tried to hide everything I was feeling now, it was like a hot wave carrying all sort of feelings and memories. Not my memories though, not Gabrielle's at least. I hoped he wouldn't read all that in my face but I was asking for to much, he was already trying to reach me "is that how you feel Gabriella?" He said again with a frown but his eyes were melting on mine. If it wasn't because Miranda came looking for me I don't know what would have happened. "It's everything ok?" She said glancing from me to Christopher "yes" I said at once stepping out of the way "and he's leaving" I looked at Christopher "for now" he said and turned towards Miranda, he never looked away from my face "it's been a pleasure meeting you Miranda" "same here" she said with a shy smile and he walked out the door. As soon as he did, Miranda grabbed me by the elbow and almost dragged me into the living room till she sat me on the couch. I knew this would happen.
"Tell me everything, who's he? Is he your bf? He's so hot. Oh my gos I sound totally like Zoe now" "breath" I said to her as she seemed to need it "he's an impossible so don't think about it"
"why? Wow the room irradiated static when I went in"
"please forget about it. Please" I insisted "now, what brings you here? really"
"I was worried about you honey, the last time we spoke you were very confusing and you looked a bit freaked out too. We haven't spoken since then, I figured I should come down and surprise!" She screamed making me jump "you were right though this place is creepy" we spent most of the evening catching up, well almost. I could barely talk about my life. She cried with me when I talked about Elizabeth and dad. It felt so nice to have her here with me but I was afraid at the same time. She shouldn't have come, it was dangerous. Jeremy came home late evening and he obviously got a surprise when he saw Miranda there. I introduced them and she apologised for coming without previous notice, Jeremy just smiled -the same way he used to- and ordered pizza for dinner. I asked him where he went but he just ignored my question. He was acting a bit strange lately, I thought I wouldn't have to worry about him and the council but his sudden escapes from home made me wonder curiously what he was up to.  While I had a quick shower Jeremy and Miranda submerged themselves into a tell-me-about-Gabrielle's conversation. Ugh!!
When I got downstairs I heard another voice at the door, a male. I guessed it was the delivery and it was, but as I walked closer I realised about that certain characteristic on his face that made me rigid. He was pale. a pure snow white. Damn it Vampire!.
I run towards the door pushing Jeremy out of the way when the vampire was giving him back the change, I took the pizza from his hands and close the door saying "thank you" for the deliver.
"Why did you do that for?" Jeremy said looking at me very confused, oops now what do I say??? There must have been a fly around cause I heard a buzzzz around me which made me suddenly say "bees" ha! "There were bees around him, I hate bees, I'm allergic to them" I said and I thought I had it under control but Miranda's sudden "since when?" Made me paralyse, she knew very well those things didn't bother me "are you ok?" Said Jeremy touching my forehead "of course, I'm fine, I'm happy. My best fried is here and we have pizza!! shall we go?" I didn't give them time to react as I was already pushing them towards the kitchen. Miranda was still looking at me with her brows lifted, she surely wouldn't let this pass. I could already be expecting a quiz about my behaviour.
Dinner was quick easy to deal with as they were still talking about me. Jeremy asked her everything he could, from my favourite movie to how many friends I had. He glared at me -an I KNEW it glare- when Miranda confessed that my character was so difficult to deal with that I just had her and Zoe as friends and that was because we grew up together otherwise I would have become a loner "ha!" Jeremy said when he heard the loner word coming out of her mouth. He was proud of his intuition. He already guessed on my first day of school that I was a possible loner.
It was time to go to bed and I feared Miranda, very much. As I predicted once we were in my room she started shooting questions. "What's that silly thing about you being afraid of bees? Why did you react like that back there? Who was that cute guy? Do you still have those nightmares you told me about?" She stared at me waiting for my answers but I could not speak to her about it. She would leave in 2 days anyway, she didn't need to be afraid while staying here.
She guessed by my silence that I wasn't gonna talk and she sighed "you know you can trust me right?" I nodded "well whenever you want to talk about it just let me know" I nodded again and soon after that we fell asleep.



TO BE CONTINUED......

No comments:

Post a Comment